Objectives and results
LTIF (lost time injury frequency)
17 accidents leading to absenteeism occurred, resulting in an LTIF of
The objective is "0" accidents with absenteeism.1
We strive for a safety culture within the organisation, subject to the agreed safety parameters and with a focus on attitude and behaviour.
Safe working practices
Our score is
Active safety culture percentage is 100%
Customer convenience5 measured by the NES score is higher than 51% (consumer market) and 46% (business market).
Customer satisfaction in consumer and business markets rises further in the coming years.
-Realisation of work package,
Electricity outage duration
Maintain low outage duration. The objective is a maximum of 20 minutes.
The objective is a high reliability of supply.
The number of unique cable numbers with more than five interruptions is a maximum of 17.
The number of unique cable numbers with more than five interruptions is a maximum of 17 in the coming years.
Top risk-mitigating projects
Offer smart meter
We offer smart meters to 584,000 addresses.
By 2020 everyone has been offered a smart meter.
In 2018, we aim for a score of 75 in the Great Place to Work employee survey.
Be a top-class employer: an innovative and successful company where we develop future-oriented knowledge and competences.
Required staff availability and competences
Absenteeism percentage lower than 3.9%
The maximum absenteeism percentage is 3.9% in the coming years.
Women in leadership positions
At least 27.8% of all leadership positions are filled by women.
In 2025, at least 33% of our leadership positions are filled by women.
People at a distance from the labour market
Offer 100 apprenticeships to people at a distance from the labour market.
In 2020, together with our suppliers, we will offer more than 100 apprenticeships to people at a distance from the labour market.
Shareholders and investors
Retention of solid rating
S&P AA-/A-1+/stable outlook
Maintain solid A rating profile.
Maintain solid A rating profile. Continuously outperform the sector in terms of costs and operational excellence. Solid results compatible with the regulated permitted return.
Insufficient long-term regulatory focus, financial risks as stated in annual report
FFO/Net debt objective: > 20%
Interest cover Objective: > 3.5
Net debt/ (net debt + net equity)
Net debt/ (net debt + net equity) Objective: < 60%
Solvency Objective: > 30%
Socially Responsible Procurement
CO2 emissions from business operations
CO2 emissions are a maximum of 636 ktonnes (according to a sector-wide calculation method).11
We strive for climate-neutral operations in 2023.
10% of all our primary assets are purchased on the basis of circular procurement
In 2020, 40% of our primary assets are purchased on the basis of circular procurement.
- 1 No target is set for the LTIF KPI. This is because the number of accidents with absenteeism should be "0".
- 2 The safety culture performance within Alliander is measured according to the position on the safety ladder. The score and target for 2017 are based on the number of employees having achieved a safety proficiency level of at least 3.
- 3 A new definition and target will be set for the active safety culture KPI from 2018. In future, we will exclusively look at the business units in scope, and the target will be 100%.
- 4 From 2017, Alliander reports on customer satisfaction using the Net Effort Score (NES). For comparative purposes, the scores for 2016 have been restated according to this definition. The 2016 figure falls outside the scope of the external auditor’s assurance engagement.
- 5 From 2018, this name will change from 'customer satisfaction' to 'customer convenience'.
- 6 The outage duration indicates the average length of time in minutes that our customers in the Liander area had no electricity during a one-year period. The stated outage duration for 2017 is based on low, medium and high voltage.
- 7 From 2017, Alliander reports the number of repeat outages based on cable number instead of post code area.
- 8 From 2018, 'top risk-mitigating projects' is no longer a KPI on the Alliander dashboard.
- 9 From 2018, 'digitisation programmes' is no longer a KPI on the Alliander dashboard.
- 10 From 2018, 'Socially Responsible Procurement' is no longer a KPI on the Alliander dashboard.
- 11 The CO2 emission target for 2017 was recalculated according to the most recent emission factors.
- 12 The Risks chapter clarifies the risks in more detail.
- 13 The scope of the KPI comprises primary assets: LS & MS cables, gas pipes, distribution and power transformers, and (smart) electricity & gas meters.